Pages

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Promarker Doodling


Over the last few days I’ve been doodling with my Promarkers,.I suppose it's my way off taking my mind off the days to come (they’ll come and go and I’ll deal with them!).

First off I wanted to make some colour charts so I could see:
  1. what I have in stock 
  2. how the colours look in reality 
  3. how the all work together

All colours


Oranges
Reds
Limited Edition Colours

I divided them up into Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple and Pink. The greys have still to be done, but then again I've only got 4 coo grey Trias for the moment! I've combined the flexmarker and Promarker charts. At present I can get Tria markers for roughly the same price as a Promarker so where there is a Tria equivalent I buy the Tria marker.

I will to do some samples with suggested blending colours next week – more in a later post.

I have the Jofy 13 stamp just shouting at me to be used so, just like Jo Firth Young did in her sketchbook with Fresco paints, I fancied trying different colour ways with my markers.

Off I went, happy as Larry! 
 
Darcy suggested using Memento, Dessert sand for a subdued outline, black for a more pronounced one, she also defo said heavy white cardstock so the translucent colours are true and to avoid leeching and show through. Ok. So what did I do?

Yes, I stamped in my ordinary sketchbook. 


Funny how you can listen to advice and fail to carry it out! The result, as you can see, is as expected…..

The front
the colours leeching out with the outline... ..
not a bad watercolour look, though not what I was aiming for! 
 …….. like the colours though!

The back of the page!!
yep, almost all the colour came through the page..... 
 
the next page
.....and of course I didn't protect the following page so the colours stained that!
 

I’m off to prepare Chicken Tika then stamp on white SU 80lb cardstock…. Watch this space!

2 comments:

  1. lol ..the only way to learn for yourself is to experiment and make mistakes, at least now you know for sure lol


    Hope you are having fun though.

    ReplyDelete

 Not much getting done these days but hopefully be back soon with makes